Photography,

Photo Box Tutorial

6:45 PM ArtWithAlex 1 Comments

I had recently gotten a macro lens for my camera and wanted to try it out on some beautiful flowers. A macro lens is used for taking pictures of small objects and can easily capture small detail. It really is amazing.

Materials:
-Box
-Scissors
-Tape
-White tissue paper
-Table lamp
-Black and white construction paper

I started by making a photo box. I found a box and cut the flaps off the top. I then cut a large square out of 3 sides and the bottom. I left one side solid. When I cut the squares, I left a frame and the corners of the box to keep its structure. I then taped white tissue paper over the squares to create a diffuser for the light that would be shining through. I could then tip the box onto the solid side to use as a photo box. I decided on either black or white paper for the bottom/back drop. I could then place the table lamp on either side of the photo box so that the light is shining into to box through the white tissue paper. I placed the flower in the box, finding the best positioning based on the lighting. The pictures turned out beautiful!





You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this, Alex. Jen has given me her Nikon camera which has a macro lens, but unfortunately with no instruction book. But I'm going to make this box and experiment with that camera. Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete